Reporting on Big C Financial Results for year end 2006
23rd February 2007
To: The Secretary General of the Security Exchange of Commission
Ref: Reporting on Company Financial Results for the year end 2006.
Big C Supercenter PCL is pleased to report the results of its company and subsidiaries that have been examined by Ernst & Young auditors as of 31st December, 2006, as follows:
The operating results of the Company and its subsidiaries for the year ended 2006 reflected a net profit of Baht 2,123.6 million, compared to a net profit last year of Baht 1,882.8 million, which represents an increase of Baht 240.8 million, or 12.8 %. This good result from performance improvement of this year operation is due to the following reasons:
1. Net sales during the year ending 2006 amounted to Baht 58,032.8 million for the company and its subsidiaries, which represents an increase of Baht 4,838.3 million, or 9.1%, over last year operational figures. The significant increase in sales was supported by the Company continuous expansion with four new stores opening in Phrae, Ratchaburi, Lumlukka and Prachinburi during 2006.
2. Rental and Service Income from tenants was Baht 2,427.3 million in 2006 which was an increase of Baht 340.4 million or 16.3% over last year due to our continuous expansion as mentioned earlier in no. 1.
3. Other Income including income from suppliers subsidies of in-store promotions and manufacturer promotions, income from logistics optimization and others in the year 2006 was Baht 5,240 million, which represented Baht 943.3 million, or a 21.9%.
4. A gross Profit of Baht 5,426.7 million in 2006 represented an increase of Baht 332.6 million or 6.5% over last year.
5. Selling and Administration Expenses of Baht 9,884.3 million in 2006 represented an increase of Baht 1,213.9 million or 14 % over last year figures. This resulted from the new store expansion and an increase in advertising expense that was necessary to increase sales.
6. Interest expenses for the year 2006 was Baht 79.3 million which represented an increase of Baht 10.1 million or 14.6% over last year.
7. Corporate income tax for the year 2006 was Baht 992 million, up Baht 145.4 million or 17.2% over last year as a resulted of higher net profit for 2006.
Yours very truly,
Mr. Yves Bernard Braibant
CEO & President