Report on fire incident at Big C Rajdamri
24 May 2010
Subject: Report on fire incident at Big C Rajdamri and temporary relocation of its Head Office
To: The President, The Securities Exchange of Thailand
It has been widely known that the demonstration at Rajprasong intersection eventually led to riots resulting in mass infernos of various commercial buildings around the area. Big C Rajdamri was also affected by such act. Our shopping center on the ground floor was broken in at the night of May 19, 2010 and purposely set on fire.
We, Big C Supercenter Public Company Limited (the Company) having its Rajdamri Branch located at No. 97/11, Rajdamri Road, Lumpini Sub-district, Pathumwan District, Bangkok Metropolis and its Head Office located at the 6th floor of the same building, would like to notify impact from the incident as follows:
- Presently, the engineering consultant is conducting structural test and inspection to determine the magnitude of damage. Until we get the formal engineering report, we are not in a position to estimate the loss and time to salvage and refurbish the building. However, from visual inspection, only the ground floor was severely damaged. The upper floor seems to be intact.
- The building has full insurance covered by a world-class group policy covering damage due to riot. The insurance policy does not only cover the cost of refurbishment but also the loss of business opportunity.
- The Company would like to advise that the address of its temporary head office will be the same as informed earlier since April 22, 2010. However, from May 24, 2010 onward, some parts of temporary head office will be relocated to the new address as follows;
(1) For investor relations,
please contact Khun Pimwanich Poolkasem
Tel. 081-754-5484 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) For Legal Services Division, the temporary office will be removed from Rama II Branch to Wongsawang Branch
Please contact Khun Uraiwan Mekakakorn Tel. 089-119-3229 E-mail : email@example.com
and Khun Panu Muanpetch Tel. 089-108-0377 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) For Accounting and Finance Division, the address and contact persons remain the same as.
In addition, the Company would like to confirm that the unrest has not effected the operations of other branches of the Company.
Please be informed accordingly.
Company secretary/Vice President, Accounting & Finance
- 2010-05-24_BIGC01_EN.pdf (Size: 26,839 bytes)